Sunday 10 October 2010

HA2's Debut Match Ends in a Win

Peter the President reports on HA2's match away against Ashby:

Tough that's all I've got to say !
 
We outgraded them by miles . Rajan was comfortable , I was a pawn down but solid . John was mashing his opponent and so was my aged relative . Alan duly won ( well done uncle !! ) . Yes it was all going so well ! Raj then succumbed to a perpetual . John imploded , he warned me this might happen and boy did it ( Poor John it was painful to watch ) and so it was left to yours truly , still a pawn down but needing a draw just to save face . Then he decided to swap pieces and let my king in . Joy !!
 
07 OctAshby 3vHeathcote Arms 2
1½ - 2½
1B117Wyld, Nick½ - ½Ganger, Rajan167
2W100Jones, Peter0 - 1Harrison, Peter138
3B78Roberts, Neil1 - 0Manger, John122
4W80Hart, Jake0 - 1Goodwin, Alan
Pete

No comments: