Wednesday 7 March 2012

HA1 Promoted

Graham B Reports:
Promotion achieved!
HA1 stuttered to a guaranteed promotion spot on Tuesday night with a 4-1 win against Willowbrooke 2.
Raj won quite early without any problems. I also won quite early although I had a slight scare when I thought I had blundered material, Mick attacked a knight with his b pawn which took me by surprise and I initially thought it lost me at least a pawn if not a piece! After a 10 minute think i realized it actually lost him a bishop and the game was quickly wrapped up.
2-0, then Mike, who had an excellent attacking position overlooked a couple of knight moves and lost his queen to a king Knight fork. 2-1.
Graham and Dave (both just a pawn up) then had to grind out their wins, Dave finally wrapping it up about 10.30.
Promotion and division wrapped up, our game point difference is that great that even if we lose our last 2 matches Ashby would have to win their last 3 matches 5-0 to draw level.    
  
Graham B


06 MarHeathcote Arms 1vWillowbrook 2
4 - 1
1B181Sharpe, Graham1 - 0Pattinson, John157
2W173Ganger, Rajan1 - 0Hart, Gavin150
3B170Bray, Dave1 - 0Collins, RF (Bob)130
4W159Cowley, Michael0 - 1Busby, Michael128
5B147Booley, Graham1 - 0Adams, Mick94

No comments: