Thursday 21 February 2013

Minor League Cup Heathcote Vs Braunstone


Guy rang me on Tuesday evening to tell me that Braunstone could only come with three. 'Three what. What are you on about?' was my response, as i had quite forgotten that there was a Cup Match.

I assembled a team with an hour to go. Hacker and Ray were the first to answer the phone and agree to play.

I collected Dave from a Nimby meeting at The Plough - It seems that many houses may be appearing in Littlethorpe.

Given my lack of organisation it did not seem right to demand that Braunstone default a board and we decided therefore to decide the match over three boards.

Things didn't go well.

Dave tried like crazy for a perpetual but failed. I was doing alright until the inevitable time trouble and then self destructed. Ray waited until my resignation before toppling his own king over.



19 FebHeathcote Arms 2vBraunstone 3GD
0 - 3?
Handicap½ - 0
½ - 3
1B119Ross, Colin0 - 1Lathwood, Roy115-4
2W95Ricketts, Dave0 - 1Reid, Patrick1027
3B91Beach, Ray0 - 1Martin, Paul10615
4W?**DEFAULT**0 - 0**DEFAULT**??

Well done Braunstone.


Colin.


My game below:


No comments: