Saturday 19 January 2013

MY 2012 AND MY RESOLUTIONS FOR 2013.

I’ve had a look at my chess results for 2012, and in terms of standard play, it isn’t a pretty sight:


Played 29 Won 6 Drawn 4 Lost 19.

So my grade is going to plummet, if it possible to do so from the heady heights of the mid-90s. Half my wins were against juniors (two in the County Champs and one at the Atkins), and I managed two wins in the Leicestershire League. My “favourite” loss in terms of incompetancy was the loss against Mick Garland, when I resigned when I could have mated him in what was in essence 2 moves. This horror has already been blogged earlier, so I won’t re-visit it…

In terms of my plans for 2013, I’ve made the following chess-related resolutions for 2013 (listed in terms of increasing improbability):

• Not to slash my wrists when I see my January 2013 standard play grade.

• To blog on the club website more often than in 2012.

• To get my grade up above 90 again (may have to modify this to above 80 if the January grade is as bad as I fear).

• To read my book on End Game theory, which is still in the bag in which it was placed by Mr Chess Direct, when I purchased it in 2009.

• To improve on my 30% at a weekend tournament.

• To avoid mentioning Mrs CENSORED on the blog.

• To become known as GM Dave rather than Hacker Dave. (Shoot for the stars, as someone once said…)

Best wishes to everyone for 2013, and please don’t beat me too often or too severely.

No comments: